Its been long… Really long since I wrote something. Of late though, thoughts are pushing me to write again… Not long articles. Not as if I know what I am saying completely. Just putting out ideas that are shaping up. On the Learning Process.
My broad thought lines as of today
- How meaningful is our schooling and college system to learning?
- What remains the purpose of schools and how much or how little are social aspects a part of learning?
- Who should learn what? Who decides? and when?
- Is STEM Education becoming more the focus and are we missing out on letting kids learn aspects of ethics and social responsibility?
- Is “Teaching” as a full-time profession a great thing? I mean, what of a teacher who does not continue learning / researching? Are they the kind of teachers we need or would we be better of with teachers who are themselves into creation / research and take students along in that process?
- How critical is it to start learning from the problem than try to learn stuff and then attack a problem.
Lots to think about. Lots of ideas running in my mind. Would welcome thoughts, links to great articles on the subject in comments.
Have fun 🙂